TeensHealth gives six helpful tips to raise self-esteem. Others can greatly impact a teen’s self-esteem, so it is important for parents to incorporate the tips listed below when discussing self-esteem with their teenager.
- Be with people who treat you well. – Who you surround yourself with can make a huge difference in your experiences.
- Say helpful things to yourself. – Positive self-talk is an effective, healthy coping skill for teenagers.
- Accept what’s not perfect. – Ideas of perfection can take the positivity out of all things and make everyday decisions seem overwhelming.
- Set goals and work toward them. – Set SMART (specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, time-bound) goals.
- Focus on what goes well. – Focusing on the positive improves mood and outlook.
- Give and help. – Servanthood can offer encouraging perspective.
Click on the button below to read the full article by TeensHealth.org on Self-Esteem.