It's a Great Day at BA
Thank you for your interest in Brentwood Academy. All interested candidates must fill out the general employment application available via the link below.
Once submitted, your application/resume will be placed on file.
Director of Communications and Marketing
Brentwood Academy is a co-educational, independent, college preparatory school dedicated to nurturing and challenging each whole person – body, mind, and spirit – to the glory of God.
Founded in 1969, Brentwood Academy is a non-denominational Christian school, located just outside of Nashville. Brentwood Academy provides an exceptional academic experience in a Christ-centered environment to over 700 students across grades 6-12. Students are challenged and supported as they grow intellectually, physically, socially, and spiritually. Whether it’s in the classrooms, on stage, in the robotics lab, or on the turf, Brentwood Academy students are led by faculty and staff who encourage them in their faith as they develop their skills and abilities.
Brentwood Academy believes and teaches that the Bible is the inspired infallible authoritative Word of God (2 Timothy 3:16, 2 Peter 1:21). The Bible itself, as the inspired and infallible Word of God that speaks with final authority concerning truth, morality, and the proper conduct of mankind, is the sole and final source of all that we believe. For purposes of Brentwood Academy’s Statement of Faith, doctrine, practice, policy, and discipline, our board of trustees is Brentwood Academy’s final interpretive authority on the Bible’s meaning and application for our organization.
Brentwood Academy is accredited through the Southern Association of Independent Schools, and is a charter member of the Council on Educational Standards and Accountability.
Director of Communications and Marketing
The Director of Communications and Marketing is responsible for all internal and external communications, marketing, and communication department services at Brentwood Academy. This includes implementation of annual communication and marketing plans that define our strategic efforts to promote Brentwood Academy. The Director of Communications and Marketing will provide expert counsel to school leadership and initiate plans to deliver key messages, ensure consistency and continuity, and reinforce the mission and goals of Brentwood Academy.
Major Functions and Responsibilities
- As the institutional storyteller, capture the ethos of the hallways, classrooms, stage, and playing fields and driving the content pipeline to consistently create and deliver compelling communications for the entire Brentwood Academy community;
- Write news releases, post school news online and through social media, and cultivate relationships with local media representatives to generate positive news coverage;
- Help develop a strategic communication plan that supports internal and external communication efforts, incorporating consistent themes that support the strategic initiatives and priorities of Brentwood Academy;
- Craft and drive a multi-year marketing communications strategy that supports institutional priorities and core mission;
- Provide marketing services and communications support to departments school-wide (Development, Admission, Athletics, Christian Life, etc.);
- Oversee crisis communication strategy, planning, and implementation;
- Monitor all forms of media (web, social, print, email) to ensure that all constituencies receive timely and up-to-date information, and respond to online feedback as appropriate;
- Manage Brentwood Academy’s internet presence, including the website and all social networking channels (including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn);
- Operate as traffic control to maintain, prioritize, and implement all school-wide projects for print, website, social media, digital assets, and ongoing requests;
- Analyze and react to market trends, website traffic, and paid advertising, and report to the leadership team;
- Work with the Development Office to coordinate print and electronic communications where needed, particularly during funding drives and campaign efforts, and produce and edit annual Impact Report;
- Conduct demographic and market research as needed;
- Manage and plan department budget including all advertising and publications expenses;
- Manage, lead, and creatively inspire team of three;
- Manage the collection of photographs and videos for the school’s website;
- Work closely with the Director of Admission to produce recruitment materials to assure brand alignment and visual and editorial consistency. The Director will provide counsel in the production of collateral materials for a range of initiatives, including major school events;
- Serve as the ambassador for Brentwood Academy’s brand and visual identity, including evaluation of all print and digital communication components. Educate and inform internal constituents about the importance of adherence to brand standards;
- Assess and pursue marketing and advertising opportunities, including developing an advertising schedule in conjunction with the Office of Admission;
- Create and execute community based events that drive brand awareness to the external community;
- Foster relationships and partnerships with the residents of Brentwood and the greater local community;
- Serve on the administrative management team and report directly to the Associate Head of School/Dean of Enrollment Management and External Affairs Bill Preble.
- A bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably in journalism, communications, public relations, or a related field;
- Five-plus years of relevant full-time experience in media relations – including reputation management, public relations, writing, editing, and publications project management in a business or educational setting;
- Superior writing, speaking, and editing skills;
- Experience creating and posting content to social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube);
- Experience in crafting and placing compelling advertising content, including print, digital, and broadcast campaigns tied to Admission strategic goals;
- Familiarity with AP Style Guide;
- Strong diplomacy skills, driven by collaboration, and the ability to work well with multiple constituents.
- Alignment with BA’s mission and values.
Compensation and Benefits
Brentwood Academy offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package commensurate with the level of experience and the national independent school market.
This is an immediate opening. The application and search process will remain open until the position is successfully filled.
Interested Persons Contact:
Bill Preble, Ed.D.
Associate Head of School
Dean of Enrollment Management and External Affairs
All inquiries and nominations are kept confidential.
Position: Development Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Development
General Responsibilities: The development coordinator supports and implements the goals, programs and activities of the development team. Key areas of focus include but are not limited to donor stewardship, research and data management, communications, and project coordination. The development coordinator will demonstrate the poise and professionalism to work with a broad range of school constituents; be detail-oriented, have excellent organizational skills; strong verbal and written communication skills; exhibit initiative; work independently and as part of a team. The development coordinator will have the capacity to manage a wide range of relationships and situations while maintaining the highest degree of confidentiality.
Full-Time 12-month Employment (Exempt Role)
Work schedule will vary based on Development needs
Cultivation, Stewardship, and Fund Raising
- Nurture a donor-centered approach across department interactions with donors and prospects.
- Cultivate relationships with donors
- Work with the Gifts Manager to coordinate the Pro-forma stewardship.
- Participate in team meetings to help strategize donor stewardship.
- Pursue continuing education and training on the best practices of donor stewardship and prospect research.
- Execute stewardship outreach projects.
Research / Database
- Utilize current software and web resources to research, organize, and evaluate potential and current donors’ financial capacity, interests, and connection to the school.
- Assist with address research as needed.
- Review donor lists, provide insight and advisory, and ensure donors and listings are published.
- Manage communication requests and scheduling.
- Create and update communication deadlines.
- Proofread and edit all development communications.
- Develop a series of donor-centered communication.
- Partner with Office of Communications to create and write development-centric stories.
- Write copy and coordinate production of Annual Fund and campaign collateral.
- Attend Brentwood Academy events and develop and foster connections with prospective donors.
- Assist with cultivation through the coordination of meetings, events, and other forms of outreach.
- Work in partnership with Development Team to implement projects.
- Gather photos of alumni children, new parents, etc. for development initiatives.
- Send gifts for hospitalizations, funerals, births as appropriate.
- Ask for sponsorships and coordinate sponsorship relationships.
- Send gifts to alumni and other constituents.
Other Duties as Assigned by Director of Development
- Affirm the Brentwood Academy Statement of Faith
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- 3-5 years of experience
- Independent school experience preferred
- Strong administrative/clerical skills
- High proficiency with technology
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize effectively
- Capacity for light lifting will be required during event setup
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Collaborative skills to coordinate with all departments on campus
All inquiries and nominations are kept confidential.
General Accounting & Accounts Receivable / Human Resources & Payroll
Position: General Accounting & Accounts Receivable / Human Resources & Payroll
Reports to: Business Manager
General Responsibilities: The position supports the business office in implementing general accounting procedures relative to journal entry postings, accounts receivable reconciliation and posting, human resource-related activities relative to new-hire onboarding, benefits and payroll-related functions. The Accounting/Human Resources/Payroll Specialist will demonstrate the poise and professionalism to work with a broad range of school constituents; be detail-oriented, have excellent organizational skills; strong verbal and writing skills; exhibit initiative; work independently and as part of a team. The Accounting/Human Resources/Payroll Specialist will have a wide range of responsibilities while maintaining the highest degree of confidentiality.
- Post monthly journal entries to the general ledger.
- Responsible for preparing reports, in addition to monthly & periodic general ledger account reconciliations.
- Support the needs of the annual registration process, including textbook & bookstore-related needs.
- Support the needs of the annual audit process.
- Support the needs of other departments as it pertains to their general ledger account.
- Review and post pledges and donation receipts to the general ledger.
- Review and post miscellaneous checks and cash receipts to the general ledger.
- Perform check and cash management functions to include preparing weekly bank deposits and accepting credit card payments.
- Establish new student tuition accounts; post charges, credits, and corrections to student tuition accounts; execute parent requests to modify payment plan changes and due dates; communicate with parents regarding their tuition account questions; assist the business manager in monitoring delinquent tuition accounts and communicating with parents regarding past due balances.
- Assist parents with meal plan-related questions and account setup instructions.
- Set up and input the billing for auxiliary activities of the school and reconcile the related accounts receivable accounts for payments to come in.
- Support the needs of other departments as it pertains to accounts receivable tasks.
- Other accounts receivable-related functions as needed.
- Establish contact with new hires to get them onboarded, including obtaining background checks, new-hire paperwork, organization, and filing.
- Assist the business manager with effectively communicating benefits to new hires and current employees, as well as answering their questions and concerns.
- Assist the business manager in communicating with the school’s medical benefits broker and retirement plan vendor regarding employee benefit-related questions and concerns.
- Assist the business manager with tasks related to payroll, including updating employee records, benefits, deductions, pay, and inputting manual checks into the payroll system.
- Perform tasks related to remitting monthly retirement plan contributions to the retirement plan vendor.
- Other payroll-related functions as needed.
- Affirm the Brentwood Academy Statement of Faith.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or higher.
- Experience in Human Resources and Payroll is preferred but not required.
- Strong administrative, clerical, organizational, writing, and communication skills.
- Solid proficiency with Excel.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize effectively.
- The ability to work independently, within a team environment, and with colleagues in other departments.
- The ability to provide great customer service to colleagues, students, parents, and other constituents of the school.
All inquiries and nominations are kept confidential.
Brentwood Academy does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, national or ethnic origin in the administration of its admission, educational, financial aid, athletic, or school-administered policies.
If you have not already been in contact with the department chair, school director, and/or administrator related to your area of interest, please find their emails below. You may contact them directly to share your interest, and they can also help you with any further questions.
Dean of Faculty: Mr. Jeff Bryant email@example.com
Substitute teaching information: Mr. Jeff Bryant firstname.lastname@example.org
Middle School Director: Mrs. Jenny Cretin email@example.com
Upper School Director: Mr. Andy Bradshaw firstname.lastname@example.org
Christian Life Director: Mr. Rian Berger email@example.com
Dean of Student Academic Support: Dr. René Rochester firstname.lastname@example.org
Athletic Director: Mr. Cody White email@example.com
Finance, Facilities, and Technology: Mr. Ray Mullican firstname.lastname@example.org
Enrollment Management and External Affairs (Admission, College Counseling, and Communications): Dr. Bill Preble email@example.com
Academic Department Chairs:
English: Mrs. Cameron Phillips firstname.lastname@example.org
Fine Arts: Mr. Matt Nygren email@example.com
History: Mr. JD Binger firstname.lastname@example.org
Mathematics: Mrs. Bonnie Hall email@example.com
Science: Dr. Kristin Phillips firstname.lastname@example.org
World Language: Mrs. Catherine Lawhorn email@example.com
Brentwood Academy does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, national or ethnic origin in the
administration of its admission, educational, financial aid, athletic, or school-administered policies.