It's a Great Day at BA
Thank you for your interest in Brentwood Academy. All interested candidates must fill out the general employment application available via the link below.
Once submitted, your application/resume will be placed on file.
Director of Development
Brentwood Academy (BA), a 6-12 Christ-Centered independent college preparatory school, is seeking a Director of Development. The Director of Development is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing all of BA’s fundraising, including the major gifts program, annual fund, planned giving, alumni relations, and capital campaigns. The Director works closely with the Head of School, Associate Head of School, and Board of Trustees in all development and fundraising endeavors. This 12-month, full-time position reports to the Associate Head of School for Enrollment Management and External Affairs and supervises the Assistant Directors of Development, Development Coordinator, and Gifts Manager.
Qualifications: This position requires a bachelor's degree and 7-10 years of experience in professional fundraising, ideally in a Christ-centered independent school university. Candidates must have the ability to work occasional evenings and weekends, as needed.
This position also requires demonstrated success in:
- Extensive organizational and people skills with experience in working independently.
- Enthusiasm for the school's mission and ability to share that excitement with others.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Desire to build a small and highly motivated volunteer team that can help meet the financial vision of the school.
- Budget management.
- Proficiency in computer skills and using Microsoft Office programs.
- Proficiency in database management (experience with Veracross or similar software preferred).
- Excellence in organizational and managerial skills in a non-profit.
- Passion for working with a wide range of individuals from various backgrounds, including colleagues, faculty, parents, alumni, alumni parents, and grandparents.
- Familiarity with Brentwood and Middle Tennessee is preferred but not required.
- Cultivate a culture of giving and gratitude across all constituencies.
- Establish and execute forward-thinking development/advancement and strategic programs that optimally grow the annual, major, and capital campaigns; legacy gifts; and planned giving.
- Oversee all aspects of the development program, including fundraising, leading the annual giving program, guiding the capital campaign, soliciting corporate and foundation grants, and planning and managing special development events.
- Enhance existing relationships while building new relationships, systems, and programs that further tap into the generosity and resources of the community.
- Nurture and maintain a highly collaborative relationship with the head of school, associate head of school and individual board members, supporting them in all their fundraising responsibilities, and accompanying them on donor visits when appropriate.
- Oversee $33 million capital campaign and all related events, activities, and reporting, as well as oversee the Campaign Steering Committee.
- Develop strategic cultivation and annual solicitation programs specifically targeting parents, grandparents, alumni, faculty, staff, and past parents.
- Serve in leadership as a member of the school's administrative team.
- Collaborate with the Admissions Office and the Communications and Marketing Office on public relations initiatives and the production of fundraising-related communication materials to expand and enhance the school's visibility and reputation.
- Collaborate with the Assistant Director of Development and Alumni Relations to strengthen relationships with the school's alumni and alumni parents, and further develop alumni programming.
- Serve as the liaison to the Development Committee of the Board of Trustees.
- Develop and oversee donor stewardship efforts to strengthen relationships with past benefactors of the school.
- Identify corporate and foundation funding opportunities and help draft grant applications.
- Maintain a database of all contributors and provide development reports as required.
- Affirm the Brentwood Academy Statement of Faith
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- 7-10 years of experience
- Christ-centered independent school experience preferred
- Strong administrative/clerical skills
- High proficiency with technology
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize effectively
- Capacity for light lifting will be required during event setup
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Collaborative skills to coordinate with all departments on campusApply Now!
Brentwood Academy has an opening in the Maintenance Department. Duties will include campus grounds maintenance and interior maintenance of buildings on campus. The ideal candidate will have knowledge and skills related to grounds work and a working knowledge of plumbing, light electrical, and building maintenance practices that will be helpful with work needed in and around the buildings. Additionally, duties assigned by the Facilities Director will vary daily as needs arise. For additional information, please call Dan Billington, Director of Facilities, at (615) 517-7842 or email email@example.comApply Now
Please find their emails below if you have not already been in contact with the department chair, school director, and/or administrator related to your area of interest. You may contact them directly to share your interest, and they can help you with any further questions.
Dean of Academics: Josh Davis firstname.lastname@example.org
Substitute teaching information: Josh Davis email@example.com
Middle School Director: Mrs. Jenny Cretin firstname.lastname@example.org
Upper School Director: Mr. Andy Bradshaw email@example.com
Christian Life Director: Mr. Freddie Scott firstname.lastname@example.org
Dean of Student Academic Support: Dr. René Rochester email@example.com
Athletic Director: Mr. Cody White firstname.lastname@example.org
Finance, Facilities, and Technology: Mr. Ray Mullican email@example.com
Enrollment Management and External Affairs (Admission, College Counseling, and Communications): Dr. Bill Preble firstname.lastname@example.org
Academic Department Chairs:
English: Mrs. Cameron Phillips email@example.com
Fine Arts: Mr. Matt Nygren firstname.lastname@example.org
History: Mr. Daniel Cutsinger email@example.com
Mathematics: Mrs. Bonnie Hall firstname.lastname@example.org
Science: Dr. Kristin Phillips email@example.com
World Language: Mrs. Catherine Lawhorn firstname.lastname@example.org
Brentwood Academy does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, national or ethnic origin in the
administration of its admission, educational, financial aid, athletic, or school-administered policies.