- All students in grades 9-12 must participate in a Winterim course. See the section below entitled Course Registration for more information on how to register for a Winterim course.
- Winterim days are considered academic days in our school calendar; thus the absentee policy is the same as any normal school day. However, any absence from Winterim requires a doctor's note in order to be excused. Each day a student has an unexcused absence will result in three hours of Saturday Detention.
- Once a student has been placed in a course, changes may not be made. Therefore, it is imperative that the student and parent discuss cost options for Winterim courses. Please do not sign up for a course if all course requirements, including costs, cannot be met.
- Individual Winterim courses will not be allowed. Such courses do not meet the goal of small-group interaction. All students should choose a Winterim course from the courses provided. A student choosing an alternative program will have to use his/her parent request days (limited to three days per year).
- Only students in grades 10-12 may travel out of state. Students in grade 9 should select a local or in-state Winterim.
- Some courses require a non-refundable deposit at registration.
- Due to grade level priority, course popularity and limits, not all students will receive their first choice. Students should be prepared to register for another course if their first choice is filled.
- No one may participate in a course in which he/she has participated in any previous year. The only exceptions to this are Service learning trips, Internships, and Choosing to Serve.
- Registration for Winterim courses is conducted exclusively online. There are two separate registration times for students. Out of state/country trips register in May. Local and in-state courses register in September.
- By the close of September registration, each student must officially register for ONE AND ONLY ONE course. Student placement on the wait list for a course is not considered as registration for one course. Do NOT register for TWO courses.
- During each registration, students will register in waves based on grade level. Once registration is open to a grade level, those students will be able to register throughout the process. For specific dates and times of registration, go to the Important Dates and Deadlines webpage.
Deposits and Payments
- Either full payment or a non-refundable deposit is required to register. Deposit amounts differ according to the overall cost of the course. Different courses will provide payment plans with final payments due no later than November 8, 2019.
- If the student is placed in the course and decides to withdraw, the deposit will not be refunded. Thus, it is imperative that parents and students discuss Winterim options before completing the registration form.
- Payments for online registration will be made via credit card.
Waitlist and Second choices
- If your first choice course is full, you are welcome to sign-up on the waitlist. You do not need to pay a deposit for the waitlist. However, by the close of fall registration students MUST hold a seat in a course. Signing up on the waitlist does NOT constitute enrolling in a course.
- Please complete the fields listing your second and third choices. This is very important. If for some reason a course does not meet the minimum requirement, you will need to be placed in another course.
- Since you are able to give a second and third option, you only waitlist if your first choice is full. Please do not waitlist for multiple courses.
- Do NOT register for TWO courses. Register for ONE course ONLY.
- Note: during registration, if a spot opens in a course, then students on the waitlist will be automatically placed in that course.
- Students who no longer wish to be on the waitlist for a course, must notify the winterim staff at email@example.com.