faculty and staff are BA alumni
are parents of current or alumni students
BA educators are more than just instructors. They are mentors, developing relationships with students that last a lifetime.
Our teachers, coaches, and staff are often the primary reason families choose Brentwood Academy. That is because at BA, educators are more than teachers. They are mentors who take the time to get to know their students — their strengths, talents, areas for improvement and who they are as a person — which we make possible through small class sizes. The result is a culture of trusted, lifelong relationships, shaped inside and outside the classroom.
More than 65% of our faculty hold post-baccalaureate degrees. All of our teachers participate in annual professional development at the beginning of each school year, and most benefit from the school's extensive continuing education program that assists with advanced degree studies and conferences.
Several of our faculty and staff are alumni (currently 22), parents of current students (currently 23) or parents of alumni (currently 43). A great many of our teachers are here because they want to give back in light of the investments that have been made in their own families by the community of BA.
Meet our Faculty
History Chair/Cross Country/Soccer
- B.A. Messiah College
- M. Ed. Lipscomb University
- B.A. M.S. University of Tennessee
World Language/Cross Country/Softball
- B.A. Baylor University
Col. Kent Bradford
- B.S. University of South Carolina
Upper School Director
- B.S. Athens State University
- M.S. Arkansas State University
- M.S. Ohio University
- B.A. Vanderbilt University
- M.Ed. Middle Tennessee State University
- B.A. University of Mississippi
- M.A. Middlebury College
12th Grade Chair & Chaplain/Christian Life/Football/Track
- B.A. University of Tennessee
- M.Div. Fuller Theological Seminary
- B.S. M.S.N. Vanderbilt University
- B.S. University of Alabama Birmingham