Tuition and Financial Aid
Tuition 2022-2023 School Year
Middle School: $27,430 Upper School: $30,430
Steps to Applying for Financial Aid
Brentwood Academy offers need-based financial aid to children who qualify and who HAVE BEEN ACCEPTED AS A STUDENT. Admission and Financial Aid applications may be filled out simultaneously; however, only those who are accepted will receive financial aid award letters. The financial aid deadline is February 1st.
We partner with School and Student Services (SSS) in the financial aid process. To begin your financial aid application, please visit the SSS website.
- Beginning in October, go to sssbynais.org/parents.
- Create your online account or, if you are a returning family, log in with your account information that you previously set up. Brentwood Academy's school code for SSS is 1816.
- Begin a PFS for academic year 2021-22. You can log out of the PFS at any time and return later to complete it.
- Once your PFS is submitted, you will pay a fee of $55.
- After you pay for and submit your PFS, you will have access to a section named "My Documents." You can upload the additional documents there.
Once you have completed the PFS and submitted the required documents, SSS will submit a dollar figure to Brentwood Academy recommending an amount the parents are able to contribute to their child’s education.
The Brentwood Academy Financial Aid Committee makes its recommendation based upon this figure. The Financial Aid Committee will determine the amount given to each qualified applicant. Any student who receives financial aid must maintain a 2.0 cumulative grade point average and contribute wholeheartedly to the mission of Brentwood Academy. All financial aid awards are re-evaluated annually.School and Student Services (SSS)
Financial Aid Checklist
- Complete PFS on-line at the SSS website prior to February 1. (sssbynais.org/parents).
- Upload current year 1040 tax forms, w-2’s and schedules (if applicable).
- Upload farm or business tax forms (if applicable).
- Complete student contract and student /parent agreement online (the contract is NOT binding until you have been notified in writing and signed the financial aid award).
- Once the financial aid award has been mailed to you, student and parent must sign the award and return it to the admission/financial aid office.
Included in Tuition
Included in Tuition
Use of in-classroom computers/iPads
Spiritual life retreats
Science lab expenses
Required day trips and field trips
Student admission to all on-campus activities, plays*, concerts, and athletic events
* $3.00 convenience fee charged for processing on-line tickets.
How and when is financial aid determined?
Brentwood Academy is committed to accepting students for admission from diverse socioeconomic backgrounds. Our Board of Trustees has a need-based financial aid policy that dictates a percentage of the tuition budget to be used exclusively for financial aid. At Brentwood Academy, we believe that an independent school education is first and foremost a commitment and responsibility of the parents. Need-based aid is defined as the difference between what it costs to attend Brentwood Academy and a family's ability to pay. While we attempt to meet a percentage of need, no child receives full tuition.
Brentwood Academy uses a third-party application platform, SSS (Student School Services), to gain a clear finanical picture of each family applying for need-based financial aid. The SSS formula calculation considers your income, what you own (your house and other investments), what you owe (your mortgage and other debts), the size of your family, and how many family members are enrolled in tuition- charging schools or colleges. Brentwood Academy's Financial Aid Committee uses SSS to make need-based award decisions. All families seeking need-based financial aid must reapply every year. Financial Award decisions are determined by the Financial Aid Committee are released on March 1st.Learn More
I'm not sure if my family would qualify for financial aid. Should I still apply?
Yes. Every family's financial situation is different. Our financial aid application platform (SSS) takes many factors in account in determining financial need. These include a family’s income, assets, debts, the number of students in a tuition-charging school and/or university, and other factors. We strongly encourage everyone to apply for financial aid each year as family circumstances can change.Learn More
Is required for families to reapply for financial aid each year?
Yes, both returning and new families need to reapply for financial aid annually as circumstances may change.Learn More
What are the tuition payment plan options?
A non-refundable enrollment deposit of $750 is due annually with the signed enrollment contract. The enrollment contract is binding on May 1 of each year. For students on need-based financial aid, the amount of the deposit may be spread over the tuition plan, if requested. For returning students, the deposit and contract are due February 4. For newly admitted students, the contract and deposit are due March 10.
Brentwood Academy offers three payment plan options:
- single payment of tuition
- biannual payments
- ten monthly payments
All tuition payments should be paid to the business office when due. Additional policies include the following:
- Consideration for financial aid will only be given to those with accounts that are current.
- Brentwood Academy will withhold student grade reports, transcripts, diplomas, and/or recommendations if tuition is not current.
- Brentwood Academy reserves the right not to allow a student to register, attend class, and/or take exams if the account is in arrearsW
Do you have any resources for planning for private school education?
TrustCore Partner Cliff Taylor '03 offers a helpful blog on how to approach private school education funding.Read More
What are the expenses beyond tuition?
Middle & Upper School Additional Expenses
- Textbooks: $350 - $400
- School Uniform: $200 - $250 (Used Uniform Sale in May offers families the opportunity to purchase reduce-priced, gently worn uniforms.)
- New uniforms may also be purchased at Max & Alice School Uniforms.
- Meal Plan: $1,190 Full Year Commitment or $665 Per Semester Commitment (Students may purchase individually priced items through our Declining Balance Program)
- Winterim Travel (Upper School ONLY): costs vary based on location.