Brentwood Academy is committed to providing exceptional academics in a Christ-centered environment.
STATEMENT OF FAITH
Brentwood Academy believes and teaches:
- That the Bible is the inspired infallible authoritative Word of God (2 Timothy 3:16, 2 Peter 1:21);
- That, as the Bible clearly teaches, we are all sinful by nature, and that both our nature and our choices have resulted in our need for forgiveness and transformation which we are not able to provide ourselves, leaving each of us in need of a Savior (Romans 3: 9,10; Romans 3:23);
- That the only salvation is through faith in Christ, who is the way, the truth, and the life (John 3:16-18, 5:24; Romans 3:24, 5:8-11; Ephesians 2:8-9; Titus 3:5);
- That God’s power is at work in and through believers, through the continued work of the Holy Spirit (1 Corinthians 3:16, 6:19-20; Ephesians 4:30).
The Statement of Faith does not exhaust the extent of our beliefs. The Bible itself, as the inspired and infallible Word of God that speaks with final authority concerning truth, morality, and the proper conduct of mankind, is the sole and final source of all that we believe. For purposes of Brentwood Academy’s Statement of Faith, doctrine, practice, policy, and discipline, our board of trustees is Brentwood Academy’s final interpretive authority on the Bible’s meaning and application for our organization.
Brentwood Academy believes that all human life is created by God in his image and is sacred from beginning to natural end. Brentwood Academy also believes and teaches that each person is called to a life of love, purity, self-sacrifice, and obedience. Because of our Christian faith-based beliefs, we believe that the Bible gives clear direction on how to live a flourishing and thriving life, both personally and in community. Consistent with written scripture, Brentwood Academy’s beliefs include the conviction that any sexual intimacy outside of a covenant relationship between a man and a woman harms the individuals involved, as well as the relationships and community around them. Further, we believe that a person’s gender is based on an identity given by God and assigned at birth.
Brentwood Academy seeks to foster Christian faith and inquiry in an atmosphere of civility, dignity, and compassion. We are confident that expressing differences of belief, even differences to ideas that Brentwood Academy holds passionately, can be done without anger or hostility.
This statement was unanimously approved and adopted by the Brentwood Academy Board of Trustees on August 31, 2015. The Statement of Faith was re-affirmed by the Board of Trustees in the Spring of 2021 and was added to the Brentwood Academy Bylaws on May 9, 2022.
We believe that all persons are created in the image of God and have immeasurable worth in His eyes. We are committed to cultivating mutual respect, celebrating God-given differences, and building up the body according to the truths of scripture. In the fulfillment of our Mission, we believe and teach that we are a diverse and united community that values each other uniquely. We are preparing students to engage the world with compassion, awareness, and sensitivity.
Brentwood Academy is committed to:
- Cultivating a community that embraces the differences within God’s Kingdom and promotes an environment of unity (Revelation 7:9-10).
- Advancing the understanding of each other’s perspectives in order to learn, grow and serve alongside one another within the BA family.
- Preparing leaders and servants with moral integrity and Kingdom vision to engage a diverse global community. • Developing collective responsibility to cultivate unity and community among leadership, faculty, students and families.
- Seeking to manifest the gospel of Christ according to John 13:35, “Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples.”
This statement was approved by the Board of Trustees on April 6, 2020.